- Emergency Assistance Japan (EAJ)
- Corporate Information
- Company Profile
- Company Name
- Emergency Assistance Japan Co., Ltd.
- Chief Representative
- Kiyoshi Kurata (CEO)
- Business Activities
- Medical Assistance Services
Lifestyle Assistance Services
- January, 2003
- Employees (Consolidated)
- 265 (178 in Japan) (as of December 31,2017)
- JASDAQ, Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc.
Security code: 6063
- Head Office
- NRK Koishikawa Bldg., 1-21-14 Koishikawa,
Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN 112-0002
- Overseas Branches/Subsidiaries
Emergency Assistance Japan Co., Ltd.
Cornelius House, 33 Boltro Road, Haywards Heath,
West Sussex, RH16 1BP, United Kingdom
Emergency Assistance Japan (U.S.A.), Inc.
7130 Glen Forest Drive, Suite 201 Richmond,
VA 23226 U.S.A.
Emergency Assistance Japan （Singapore） Pte. Ltd.
10 Anson Road, #23-06B International Plaza, Singapore 079903
Emergency Assistance Thailand Co., Ltd.
9th Floor, Prime Building,
24 Sukhumvit Soi 21 (Asoke), Klongtoey-Nua,
Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Emergency Assistance Bangladesh Co., Ltd.
108 Mosque Road (3rd Floor), Banani DOHS, Dhaka-1206, Bangladesh
- January 2003
- Emergency Assistance Japan Co., Ltd. Established in Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, with capitalization of 24 million yen.
- April 2003
- 24-hour Assistance operations begun.
- July 2004
- American service center, serving North, Central, and South America, established in Virginia (incorporated as Emergency Assistance Japan (U.S.A.), Inc. in July 2005).
- November 2004
- Asia/Oceania service center established in Singapore (incorporated as Emergency Assistance Japan (Singapore) PTE. LTD. In November 2005).
- January 2005
- Commencement of overseas travel insurance medical Assistance services on behalf of domestic Japanese insurers.
Thailand service center, serving Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Burma, established in Bangkok (incorporated as Emergency Assistance Japan (Thailand) Company Limited in May 2007).
- February 2005
- European service center serving Europe, the Middle East, and Africa established in cooperation with a European service provider located outside of London.
- June 2005
- Severance of financial affiliations with Europe Assistance.
- December 2005
- China service center, incorporated as Emergency Assistance Beijing Co., Ltd., established in Beijing.
- May 2007
- Out-of-country concierge service platform established to serve premium card issuers.
- September 2007
- Travel agency license (Mayor of Tokyo travel industry license no. 3-5955) obtained to enhance concierge service platform capabilities.
- April 2008
- Overseas Student Security Management Assistance (OSSMA) program inaugurated.
- October 2010
- Founding member of a Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry (METI) sponsored think-tank commissioned with the task of engineering a national strategy for the accommodation of foreign patients in the Japanese healthcare system and for the promotion Japanese healthcare advances abroad.
- February 2011
- First recipient of Ministry of Foreign Affaires certification as an official "medical stay" visa guarantor for foreign nationals wishing to come to Japan for medical treatment.
- May 2011
- JIPDEC Privacy Mark certification.
- March 2012
- Emergency Assistance Bangladesh Co., Ltd., established in Dhaka to provide Assistance services in Bangladesh and neighboring regions (the entity became an EAJ subsidiary upon full capitalization in October 2012).
- June 2012
- Standard JASDAQ listing on the Osaka Stock Exchange.
- October 2012
- Expansion of Emergency Assistance Thailand to 24 hour 365 day operations.
- July 2013
- JASDAQ lisiting moved to the Tokyo Stock Exchange as a result of the merging of the Osaka and Tokyo Exchanges.
- September 2013
- Launching of Asian Security Assistance services in partnership with Hill & Associates.
- January 2014
- Establishment of U.K. corporate entity in London.
- April 2014
- Partnership with United Healthcare Global and launching of worldwide security Assistance.
- September 2015
- First officially certified Japanese provider of Assistance to the medical tourism industry.